Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Vacation" Over :(

Tomorrow everything goes back to normal. Kids return and my little semi-vacation is over. Having today free to work was sooo nice! While most of what I planned to get done didn't get done, I'm happy with what did. It felt good to leave a classroom today that was cleaned up and better organized.

Of course, having spent most of my day organizing, I still have a pile of papers to grade and lesson plans to complete tonight. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want to do for the next few days. I'm there with the kids tomorrow, but then Thursday have to stick my kids with a substitute as I have to be out for a training, and then Friday I'm back with them again. The lesson that would come most logically on Thursday, I don't want to leave for a substitute, so I'm stuck trying to decide what to leave for my students to do. I don't think they're quite at the point where I can just give them a full reading workshop day (i.e. 60 minutes of reading), but I hate the idea of leaving them busy work, so what do I do? I don't yet know...

Really the only thing I'm confident about right now is that with work still ahead, I better stop procrastinating and get back to it. Short and boring entry tonight, I know, but hopefully more time to actually write something interesting tomorrow. (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment