Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wondeful Weekends :)

Ah, I love weekends! And this one has been so particularly nice!

Due staff development tomorrow and a teacher workday on Tuesday, I don't have students, so therefore this weekend has been completely free of school worries/work/stress/etc. I had the opportunity to go out biking for awhile yesterday, catch up on some other tasks last night, and then went out hiking today. It's been wonderful!

I honestly wish every weekend could be like this. I have loved not having pressure on me to get everything ready for Monday classes or feeling pressed to grade every paper because, of course, I have two more days to get all that done. This weekend has just been for fun and relaxation, and I've loved every minute of it!

I know, sadly, it will be quite awhile before another such one comes. Christmas, I think? And then a wait until Spring Break? And then a wait until summer? It's times like this when sometimes I wish I wasn't a teacher who cared so much. I think it would be nice if I could leave everything behind on Friday afternoon and not think about it again until Monday morning, but alas, I know that's not me. No matter how well I find to organize my time, I know weekends are always going to have a schoolwork aspect to them. I know that because I am a teacher and a teacher that does care. I can't escape my job. It is who I am.

So for the time being, all I can do is be grateful. Next weekend everything will be back to normal, but at least this one weekend was wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment