Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday

Okay, it's a boring title for a blog entry, but I honestly can't think of anything else to name this. Today ended up as a day where I totally blew off schoolwork. Probably should have gotten some stuff done, but I decided to be lazy this morning, and then headed out geocaching this afternoon.

Geocaching (for those who haven't heard of it) is a scavenger-hunt of sorts using a gps, or otherwise known as: what I enjoy doing when I'm not teaching. I joined up with a friend and went hiking/caching in a local state park today. It was a chilly day (I'm sad the warm weather of summer has left), but still a nice day overall. Anytime I can escape lesson planning, paper grading, etc. is nice, and today was no exception. I'm tired tonight from lots of uphill, rough hiking, but it's a good tired. Not to mention, I can get an extra hour of sleep tonight as it's (unfortunately) time to fall back.

I'm really not looking forward to the time change though. It means that often I'm going to be coming home to darkness. :( Having a 35 minute commute with this current job is something I'm still trying to get used to. I used to teach only 5 minutes (at most) from home, so it's been a big transition. Moving is an option, but honestly I can't imagine trying to complete a move while teaching, so I don't think that's going to happen. I struggle to find free time to keep up on everything as it is!

But oh well, enough for tonight. Off to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment